Sean Garrett Chris Atkin
Instructors are contracted in a cooperative effort between the Jordan Academy for Technology and Careers and Unified Fire Authority. Each instructor will meet/exceed the qualification and credential requirements of the Jordan School District.
This program is for seniors who want to prepare themselves with the skills to function as an EMT or paramedic to care for the sick or injured in emergency medical settings.
College level academics and participation. Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) and paramedics work both indoors and outdoors, in all types of weather. Their work is physically strenuous and can be stressful; sometimes involving life-or-death situations and patients who are suffering. Students must be willing to learn in these environments and simulations
- Required fees: UVU Concurrent enrollment fees
- $35 application fee + $5 per credit
- EMT Textbooks
- Optional Fees: HOSA membership ($20)
- Utah State BEMS EMT application fee
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician fee (approx. $350)